Full-Time Accounting Analyst
The company is one of entrepreneurship, commitment and a passion for real estate and construction that began over 50 years ago. Decades in the business have taught us how to create homes that are timeless in design, universal in their appeal, and comfortable for homeowners at every stage of life. Being a forward-thinking company matters to us and influences everything from where we build our projects to the amenities and technologies, we build into them.
Reporting to the Director and working closely with the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Analyst will play a key role in maintaining financial data and valuable analytics support to our great income producing properties (IPP) accounting team.
Key responsibilities include:
* Manage Capex Continuity Schedule for all IPP properties on a monthly basis for accounting and tax planning purposes.
* Support job costing for Capex, including setting up jobs and tracking Capex, Work-in-Progress, and maintenance of XL workbooks.
* Partner with Treasury to review mortgage transactions and ensure accurate and complete capture for reporting in Yardi and Excel.
* Prepare all IPP group related analytics and schedules for inclusion in consolidated entity report book.
* Review mortgage reporting and prepare analytics for Corporate Debt and Finance Notes.
* Execute on the team's added value projects, such as budget workbook creation and maintenance, creation of a new monthly reporting package including automation of KPI reporting to our two property groups.
* Support property tax compliance activities as needed, such as providing tax information for external specialists and maintaining appeal related record.
* Manage all insurance related tasks, such as provide property related information for insurance and allocating the costs to properties.
* Support Director in the onboarding of new properties.
* Drive improvements in reporting and automation by creating and maintaining custom reports and account trees in Yardi.
* Work directly with Director to update monthly cashflow workbook.
* Support other IPP related deliverables, such as GST returns, audit-related tasks and PBC list.
This is a unique role - as our portfolio of complex properties continues to grow, the demands and scope of this position will also continue to expand; the analytical skills and reporting experience gained in this role follow suit and increase in value. While this opportunity is brand new to the organization, a clear, structured training and growth plan has already been carved out.
The ideal candidate for the Accounting Analyst position is analytical, detail oriented and organized in nature and you do not shy away from a new challenge. While real estate experience is not required, you have a keen interest in the industry, and you are eager to use this opportunity to work with a large group of very experienced real estate accounting professionals. People would describe you as an excel guru, and you are often the go-to person to assist with large, complex excel reports. This feedback is valuable, and you are hoping to leverage this skillset in a brand-new environment!
Our Must Haves
* Experience is required of accounting experience in a technical or reporting capacity.
* Previous experience reporting and working with capital projects/job costing preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or related field.
* Advanced proficiency in Excel.
* Designated CPA or in pursuit of a CPA Designation.
* Proven analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Medical and Dental Coverage: Our industry leading benefits package covers you and your dependents at no cost
* RRSP Matching: We support your future goals by matching up to 5% of your RRSP contributions.
* Friends and Family Program: Early and exclusive access to our newly released projects
* Our annual development conference that is designed and hosted by our leadership and complemented by a range of world-class speakers and workshop experts.
* Professional Development and Education Support