Accounts Payable – 35 hours/week
Are open to a junior candidate if they have the right attitude, someone with AP experience with a leadership type of mindset could be considered.
$44,142 per year depending on experience
This role will be responsible for providing direction to the Accounts Payable team and for ensuring accurate and timely completion of accounts payable transactions.
As the Team Lead, you set a high standard of service mindedness, work ethic, and quality of work through your example and approach. You will foster the team’s ability to adapt to the growth of the company and develop new solutions as they come up. You will be essential in helping achieve Westland’s key initiatives and goals by providing top-notch customer service and building trusted relationships with our suppliers and insurance partners.
In this role you’ll:
• Mentors, supports and supervises employees within the Accounts Payable Team.
• Assists the Manager, Accounting Operations with recruitment, performance reviews, training and development, and team engagement.
• Works with the Manager, Accounting Operations to monitor and streamline A/P related processes, identifies improvement areas and implements action plans.
• Establishes work priorities and manages scheduling of workload within the Accounts Payable Team.
• Ensures the timely, efficient and accurate processing and payment of all accounts payable transactions.
• Applies receipts, issues customer / broker statements, processes payment plans, and assists in the collection of outstanding receivables (from insurers).
• Pays and posts accounts payables.
• Reconciles insurer statements.
• Ensures that insurer recoveries are accurately and efficiently coded, verified and entered into the accounting system.
• Responds to queries from our internal and external clients in a timely and professional manner.
• Pays branch lease payments and administers lease contracts for our branches.
• Assists in complex problem resolution and troubleshoots non-standard problems of the A/P team and various internal clients.
• Maintains positive internal and external relationships with clients.
• Assists with ad-hoc reporting, analysis and team projects as needed.
- Post-Secondary Education in Accounting
- Experience in Accounts Payable
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work in MS Office Suite and various ERP systems
-Post-Secondary training in Accounting / Business Administration
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
• Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
• Career growth opportunities and continuing education programs